Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to Normal...

Well, the hustle and bustle is over and we're getting back to normal around here. The girls had a great Christmas and a wonderful time visiting with their Nai Nai and Yei Yei and the Pace Family Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. You could definitely tell that the Pace side of the family is used to having lots of boys....my girls were completely spoiled! Thanks to Aunt Becky, Aunt Patti and Meme for ALL the DOLLS and girly stuff.

Shaoey really loved the "opening" part of the Christmas tradition.....she opened everyone's presents! Sadie just loved being among the paper....such a funny sight! We spent Christmas here in Hernando and then rang in the New Year in Central MS. We now settle back in to our routine of living and loving life. I have some photos to share and will get those uploaded asap! Shaoey will begin her 2nd semester of ballet next week. She is completely excited and loves to twirl around the house to ANY sort of music. I've noticed I have a creative child and a practical child. SJ loves to draw, sing, dance and anything artistic. SC loves to figure our toys and is very good at problem solving. How funny to already notice the differences in your children and to wonder how God is going to use them for His glory.

I'm excited about what 2009 has in store for our family. I read recently on a church website where the Pastor challenged his congregation to join him in a month long fast. A month without food? No....a month without...THE NEWS! He further explained that many times our attitudes and emotions are manipulated by the Headlines and the ever looming BREAKING NEWS stories. I'm convinced that we are living in the last days. However, we are to be about the kingdom business now more than ever before. I'm taking the challenge. I'm going to fast from the NEWS. I'm going to contemplate on the greatness of my God and the awesome gift I've been given. I'm going to share His love with those I see and let God take care of the NEWS! Do I have any takers on this fast? I'm heading to change the channel now......More later!

3 comments:

K Storm said...

Happy New Year! I love seeing new pictures of the girls. Looks like SJ was good and ready for a new bike!!

KSH said...

Glad yall had a great New Years and Chrismas. Great to hear your voice the other day. Loved seeing all the cute pics from Christmas morn I am up for the challenge. Take care. let's chat soon
love ya girl, KSH

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Glad you had a great busy Holiday! I can't wait for the pictures. I love that idea of his challenge..hmmmm ??

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010