Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Done....

I'm finished! Yep....down to the wire.....but it's all done...well.....except for a few things to wrap. SJ is excited but I fear doesn't really know what to expect come Christmas morning. Each time I mention St Nick, she gets that look in her eye that says, "I'm not sure about this guy....he's not going to come to my room is he?" We didn't even try the to have pictures with Santa because she simply didn't want to. Maybe next year. Anyway, tomorrow will begin the cooking and general straightening up for Nai Nai and Yei Yei to arrive. Their appearance will surely bring the house down and really get the excitement going. SJ and SC love to see them coming in the door! It's really fun to watch their expressions.

I'm just as excited as the kids are in some ways. I love to see their eyes light up at the unexpected surprises under the tree. There's something about giving. CDP has said many times from the puplit that we are never more like Christ than when we are giving. He gave everything......He gave UP everything....to be born here...to suffer as we suffer....to be tempted as we are tempted. He came in the form of a man to become our only HOPE! What a blessed thought that the God of the universe came to us in the form of a helpless baby. Praise Him for this unspeakable gift! May you worship Him this Christmas!

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Wonderful! I know you are eager for your folks to get there and have your first Christmas in your new home!

Jeremy and Christy said...

Kids really do bring out that joy that sometimes gets lost in the hurriedness of the season, don't they?! I love what you said about giving. My kids also really make me reflect on why we give. They are such miracles and blessings!! I pray your family has a Merry Christmas!!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010