Thursday, December 4, 2008

We're here..

just busy trying to finish up for Christmas. Actually, I'm pretty much done except for a couple of gifts. Not too stressed this year since I've been able to be at home. The house is decorated, the tree is up and I've even started baking a little. I know, some of you are sighing thinking what is she doing...well, this is the first year I've been able to ENJOY doing those kinds of things and I'm just gloating...sorry!
Our Thanksgiving was fabulous spent with my folks and CDP's mom in Central MS. We had a great time visiting and just being together as a family. This weekend SJ, My Mom and I will see The Nutcracker at the Orpheum in Memphis. That should really put is in the Christmas mood! This will be SJ's first ballet so I'm a little anxious. If she makes it all the way through the performance without falling asleep, I'll call it a success. Last Sunday evening we decorated our church during the Hanging of the Green service and it was very special! The girls and CDP and I lit the first Advent Candle while other families placed poinsettias and hung garland and bows to celebrate our Saviour's birth. This is such a special time of year and I'm very glad SJ and SC are enjoying it so much. They both LOVE singing Christmas music in the car as we travel. SC especially loves to rock back and forth to Winter Wonderland...SCC's verison. SJ is also into reciting the Christmas story...I didn't realize how much she actually picked up on....she can recite much of it from memory....I guess that shows you how much we listen to that CD!
I hope all of you take time to just enjoy your families. I spent several minutes yesterday just sitting holding my girls. What a treat for me and they loved it! SJ has made several comments lately about loving being "all together" as a family....she truly realizes when some of us are out of place. I'm glad to know she enjoys being with her Mom and Dad and sister. I hope I can continue to instill in her a love for her family and for time spent together.....and not just STUFF. Let's remember why we're here....."because He first loved us"........
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

K Storm said...

I am so happy for you that this is a year to slow down and be closer to home. We anticipate a big year for the little guy...he is so excited about everything...I know the same is true at your house!

awc said...

Lighting the candle together sounds so special!! I know y'all enjoyed that!!! That is great.

KSH said...

Merry Christmas I would to SJP recite the story how precious

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010