Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving is just around the corner...

and I'm afraid that means Christmas is just down the block! Yikes! I love this time of year and this year is especially wonderful since I'm at home with my girls. I have thouroughly enjoyed being able to sleep late in the mornings and snuggle with them in our big chair and watch cartoons. SJ and I even made a cake yesterday. Fun, fun, fun! We will be heading to my folks on Tuesday of next week to spend Thanksgiving with them. We will also try to catch up with some of our friends in Madison if time permits. Also, SJ and I along with my mom will be heading to see the Nutcracker in a few weeks. We are so excited!
I'm going to attempt to get down the Christmas decorations tomorrow while the girls are at MMO and do my "house" decorating and then get our tree next weekend. I'm hoping to also paint the dining room this weekend....it's a small dining room so it shouldn't be too hard. CDP is thrilled to help me too! Really, he is!

Anyway, I'm thankful for Thanksgiving....the relaxing time before the hustle and bustle of Christmas. My daughter is already aware of this special time of year. Last night, in an effort to really connect with her I asked SJ what she was thankful for....she replied,"my mommy and my family and my little brother."..........hummmm?? I explained to her that she didn't have a little brother and her reply was, "Well, aren't you going to have one?" I replied, "you'll have to ask God to give us one." Her answer? "I already did, last night........." What can I say? Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

KSH said...

I love it SJ is a soo funny and sweet. Can't believe you're the decorations down but Thanksgiving is one week away . We are hoping to come up there Monday or Tuesday and spend the night does that sound ok Dec 1 or 2. love yall

K Storm said...

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

KSH said...

ok I am ready to hear about you thanksgiving and see some pics I love you and really hate we didn't get to see yall
take care

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010