Saturday, November 8, 2008

Great Week/end...

We had a fabulous time this weekend visiting with my parents and our friends, The Hall's, in Atlanta. Dad and CDP attended a conference while the girls shopped visited with each other. MK is such a cutie. She looks so much like her daddy...sorry KSH! MK really took to my Dad too...she called him Yei Yei and acted as if she'd known him all her life. I'm usually pretty good at making agendas and planning trips but this time I made a few mistakes...My mom told me I had fallen down on my job! Sorry...I'll do better next time. All in all we got to enjoy some time together just catching up with each other and just being together. Our visit with the Hall's was especially nice. I hate to admit it but they looked like they felt so at home there in C'Ville. Not that I want them to be miserable but if they didn't feel so at home they might eventually move back close to MS! I miss them a lot. However, God has such great things in store for them..I can't wait to see how He fills their lives with His blessings. They have a lovely home that I know will be filled with great memories.
Even though we've not see each other in a couple of months, it felt like we'd only been apart for a week or so. That's how good friends are. I was reminded of this on the spa trip last month with my buddies from RBC. Even though we had not seen each other in several months, we were able to pick right back up where we left off. Friends understand the pressures of life and how easy it is to get swept away with life. It's nice to know you can just pick up where you left off.
So, as I reflect on the upcoming Thanksgiving season, and to fulfill my 30 day Thanksgiving countdown, let me catch up....
  1. I'm thankful for true friendship....it's a gift from God and is solely based on His love.
  2. I'm thankful for the freedom of speech.....I can blog about the Grace of God all day long!
  3. I'm thankful for Salvation through Jesus Christ and his work on the Cross...His blood covers a multitude of sins.
  4. I'm thankful for Sunday's....a day of rest. God intended for us to rest....I plan to do that tomorrow!

I feared I might run out of things to be thanful for, however, I find I'm having a hard time finding a stopping point.....God is good...All the time!

2 comments:

K Storm said...

I am so glad that you were able to go to GA with your guys and managed to work out a visit with your long time friends.

KSH said...

oh we had so much fun thanks for sharing this
glad you can't see where she cut it
whewwww it could've been really bad great lesson learned for the both of you love and miss you

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010