Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Playing Catch Up...

I won't be able to catch up for all the days I've missed during the 30 day Thanksgiving Challenge. However, today I am thankful for wounds that God has healed in His time. I found a journal from back in 2003 and in it I asked God for children. I have several friends who have this same story but each somehow different. God in His infinite wisdom answered. He answered in His time and in His perfect way. How could I ask for anything more?

What prompts us to think that God is somehow compelled to answer our prayers in the way we seem appropriate? I had a dear friend ask me this morning if I thought people really understood the Holiness of God. I'm quite sure I don't comprehend the Holiness of God. And I have a feeling I'm not alone. I can't fathom how a Holy God could love a worthless vessel like me. I am thankful for the MERCY of God. James 2:13 says "because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment! Did you get that? Mercy triumphs over judgment......WOW! Am I showing mercy daily to my children? Do I extend mercy to my spouse? Do I show mercy to the cashier at the grocery? How about mercy to the driver who cuts me off on the highway?

I know the answer.......He is the answer! God help me to show mercy! Nite!

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Great post...what a gift to find a journal like that! How wonderfully prayers were answered!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010