Monday, October 6, 2008

Still Alive...

Yes, we are still alive but it's been a busy couple of weeks. Our calendar is filled and has been filled with short trips out of town for the past month and next 2 months and it's been really hard to stop and blog between packing, unpacking, washing, and packing again. Anyway, we are home for a couple of days this week but off again to visit Nai Nai and Yei Yei on Thursday. I'll be spending some leisure time with some old friends and just relaxing on the beach this weekend and CDP will be at home to watch as much NASCAR as he can stomach. He's looking forward to it and so am I. Our girls will be vacationing with my folks and they are SOOOO excited.
I must say I've learned a lot during these past few weeks and God has really been showing me new mercies very frequently. I'm constantly amazed at how wonderful it is to come to understand His word and have the Holy Spirit reveal the deep things of God. I'm just completed reading a book entitled, "Our Secret Paradise" by Jimmy Evans. The book reveals 7 basic principals of marriage and that God designed Marriage to be PARADISE. If your marriage is NOT paradise, it's not because that is not possible. It has everything to do with your own will and the will of your spouse. I encourage every married couple to read this book. It is not lengthy and is a very easy read. I have been challenged in my marriage and I'm determined to make mine...PARADISE. Afterall, that's what God intended for it to be!

On top of reading that book, CDP and I along with some good friends went to see FIREPROOF on Saturday night. WORTH EVERY PENNY! Don't delay....get a sitter and go...NOW! Don't put it off until it's out on DVD...make a statement to Hollywood that this is what entertainment is all about. CDP said it was the "most meaningful movie he has ever seen". I would have to agree. So real and yet so full of truth. I'm sure there will be marriages saved because of this movie. God is truly glorified thru it all!

Well, SC is now.....WALKING! WOO HOO or UH OH! Not sure yet....She still takes a tumble every now and again but for the most part she is walking everywhere. This event makes me very, Very, VERY, sad. I feel like I'm losing my baby. We are about to get her 1 year portrait taken and I just can't believe she had grown up so fast. I know everyone says that but man, it's so true!

SJ is such a fabulous big sister! She is so helpful and mostly gentle with SC. I am truly amazed at how much she understands! Her vocabulary is huge! She pretty much can write all of her letters...except maybe for G and R. She knows all of her sounds and we've even started spelling short words. Since I've never raised a child before, I have no point of reference. But, I'm constantly amazed at how fast she learns and how much she remembers! She caught me off guard the other night by asking me if she could marry one of her best friends from church! And, she's even begun to ask questions about Jesus on the cross and what "sin" is and why Jesus had to die and how did He rise from the dead! She asked me last night if she would hear Jesus knocking on her heart? Hallelujah! I've realized lately that I need Jesus now more than ever to help me say the right things that will help her understand His plan for her life. Needless to say, my prayer life has been kicked up a notch!

I apologize for rambling. I'm having the time of my life with my girls and loving my Husband. God has blessed me so! How could I ever repay Him?

Nite Nite!

3 comments:

K Storm said...

I can't wait until this weekend!!

I have heard about that book and need to read it. I agree with you on the Fireproof movie.

KSH said...

the book sounds great, glad yall had a great date night, planning to see the movie as well hope it is playing somewhere close,getting house move in ready, rdog painting up a storm , can't wait till halloween we should really be settled by then, Have an awesome time with your girlfriends at the beach and tell your parents hello. love and miss you and YEAH! for Sadie on conquering the walk. Give both S's a kiss for me and hug to CDP. Happy Fall!

Deniese said...

Ordered the book. It's not in print anymore, but I was able to find a good used one. Can't wait to get it!
Love y'all!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010