Sunday, September 14, 2008

Timing is everything...

I've been reminded this weekend that with God, it's not about time, but all about timing. Let me explain....good friends of ours have experienced the joy of adoption domestically and have been blessed by God with a precious and precocious little girl. After searching for God's answer as to whether or not they should try again, they did eventually submit paperwork requesting another baby. After several months and updating paperwork for the 2nd time, yesterday my friend and her husband and big sister, brought home a bouncing baby boy. God is all about timing. Just when you think it's over and there's no way the answer could be forthcoming, He just shows out. I can't tell you how excited I am about this news.

I was also reminded this weekend that sometimes when we sense the Spirit telling us to do something, it may be that our obedience is for the benefit of someone else and I'm just the go thru gal. I know that sounds elementary. However, I don't think we will ever fully understand how God works. My obedience this weekend resulted in God being glorified and really all I got to do was watch. Am I making any sense? Maybe not...All I know is God showed up this weekend in my life and I'm so glad I didn't miss it. Aren't you glad you don't have to try and figure it all out? I'm really glad that I can trust Him and He has to take care of all the particulars. I've tried to do that before and well, it ended up a mess! I'm learning....Later!

4 comments:

K Storm said...

Girl, God is good, isn't He?

KSH said...

Are you talking about SH! That is an awesome post . Glad you had a
"GLOOOOREEEE" weekend! I can just hear CDP saying that using that voice. Tell her I said congrats!!

Anonymous said...

He's good all the time....no matter what!

KSH said...

ready for an update ha good talking to you tonight let me see sadie stand up have a great weekend

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010