Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nine Months Old...

Well, she's almost grown....not really but it feels like it. SC was 9 months old yesterday. I still can't believe how fast time travels the older you get. She's pulling up and trying to walk holding on to things. I had forgotten how scary this stage is for Mom's. Since we now have hard floors, it's even more scary. She waves bye bye very well too. I've heard mama I think but not sure she really knows what she's saying...although, it's usually when she's ready to get out of her bed...she may know exactly what she's saying!

We had another episode with and ear infection this week. Not terrible but enough to warrant a trip to the doctor. We are on medicine so she should be as good as new shortly. Life is simple these days. Not much going on except for VBS at church and getting ready to travel next weekend. This will be our first family of four trip via airplane. I'm excited and ready for some down time.

I'm still grieving over the tragedy in the Chapman family. Please remember to pray for them during the weeks, months and years ahead. Guilt, what if, why....all those thoughts remain in their minds. Memories...those will sustain. However, it's the worry that people will FORGET that haunts them. Life will go on for them but never be the same. I especially ask that you pray for Maria's brother. I cannot imagine the pain he is experiencing. Pray that God will heal him. Pray for a hedge of protection around him from the enemy who desires to destroy him. I ask these things because my family has experienced this grief. I have been where they are. I've been the one left behind. I've thought why her and not me. I've also felt the peace of God and know that I'll see my sister again. I'll meet Maria too. God is good...all the time!

Until next time..

1 comment:

KSH said...

Hey I can't believe she is 9 mo Sj was that age when I met her I am so ready to see both of them. I will say a prayer tonight for SCC and crew. Zoo was great today will post Friday. soooo tired...

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010