Monday, May 5, 2008

Just an Ordinary Monday...

Well, today was just an ordinary day. Ordinary in that the girls and I stayed at home and just enjoyed NOT having to go anywhere. Laundry, Ironing and kitchen duty were the tasks laid out before me. Most of them have been completed as I type. However, the highlight of the day came as I was ironing...SJP came downstairs after her nap and after only a few minutes, SCP awakened and immediately, SJP informs me that her sissy is up. I asked her if she checked on her before she came downstairs and she replied, "No Ma'am". I then said that I would go up and check on her...SJP then replied...."That's ok Mom. I'll go check on her. You finish your ironing."



Now, how sweet is that! I am so unbelievably proud of my girls and so honored that God has allowed me to be at home with them to experience such profound moments. That scenario may not sound like much to many of you, but for me......priceless. There were times in my life when I thought I would never hear the cry of a baby who needed a bottle or witness tender heart of a 3 year old wanting to help out her Mom.

Thank you, Father, for blessing me as You have. I am so undeserving....

By the way....bath time was special tonight....pics have been posted...enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad HE had such plans that you never imagined. Our God is an awesome God.... I hope you have another ordinary Monday real soon. Cute pics of sissys splishin and a splashin. love ya lots.

K Storm said...

Yes, those little moments are very precious when you wondered if they would ever be. I echo that!

What a sweet Mother's Day this year for you!

KSH said...

love the pics. good to see you. SC looks like soooo much Rdog said. Shaoey seems to be the perfect big sis. SC is just too cute her bod favors my MK's at that age. Ha.
love ya lots

Deanna said...

God is so good to us. He gives us our heart's desire beyond what we could even hope. I still stare at my boys at night after they are asleep and marvel that God gave them to me.

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010