Friday, May 2, 2008

Heading to Nicaragua...

It has been my desire for several years to go with CDP on his Mission to Nicaragua. Things have never worked out until now. I was glad to hear on Thursday that a spot was open and I would be able to go. I have made arrangements for our girls and I am confident God has just worked things out so he and I can minister together. I'll be helping with Children's Church and to follow is a description of how it will work and the items needed.

"One of the ways the Nicaragua Mission Team ministers to the community is by providing a children's church during the adult worship service. Everyone must attend worship before they can be seen by a doctor or receive clothes, etc. We are collecting supplies to help with Children's Church activities where sharing a Bible story, related crafts and activities will take place. We can use any of the following: bubbles, face paint, q-tips, small paintbrushes, sidewalk chalk, baby wipes, fabric to make Biblical costumes, fingernail polish (any color)."

The items needed can be left at Ridgecrest Baptist or at Hernando Baptist. I will gladly accept any donations of these items myself personally if anyone would like to donate. Just let me know via email or phone.

I'm excited about what God is going to do in ME while in Nicaragua.....Please pray for us as we prepare spiritually and physically for this trip. Pray for our families who will be left behind as well as those who take care of them.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

No fair on your question! You should have let us choose 2. How do you choose between his heart and his eyes? I get lost in his eyes when he is sharing his heart.

Deanna

K Storm said...

You've been busy with the computer lately, haven't you?

Can't wait!! God is already there preparing the villages for our arrival.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for yall. You'll have to email me or instant mail me or call me with details. Love the new pics and blog. I am just having a fit to get my hands on SC ok lets seriously talk about a visit. I will be home in June9
K from GA

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010