Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Can anyone say Kleenex? Well, I've been carrying around a Kleenex all day. Allergy season has arrived in North MS and it has pounded the ladies living at St Ives Lane in Hernando! Most everyone at church thought I was just emotional...well, that was part of it too..but some was from the weeping of my eyes due to Honeysuckle and privet hedge! It seems to be getting some better this afternoon...I hope all is better tomorrow.

I pride myself in being aware of most things going on in my household and am really some what of a nosey posey (as SJ puts it). I usually figure out "surprises" before they are ever sprung. However, I was totally taken by surprise today and yet, I almost missed it. Our 2nd service at church boasts mostly young and middle age families and since it was Mother's Day, CDP delivered a message on the subject. Also, this past week I took on the responsibility of photographing Mom's and their children to play in a slide show for the Worship Service and was aware of the song that would be played during the show. I was NOT planning on hearing CDP sing, very well I might add, and be reminded of wonderful memories of my first Mother's Day and subsequent miracles namely, SCP.
CDP's message challenged me as a Mother to nurture my children and teach them about Christ and His WORD. He also challenged Husbands to be ready to present their wives before God as trophies for His Glory and to be servants not only to their wives but to the Lord. He illustrated the last point by washing my feet....on stage....in public....and I never saw it coming. How humbling for me...Oh, how undeserving I am of this wonderful man! I can truly say I would follow him anywhere. I trust him completely. He is my best friend and I love him with all my heart! I love being his wife and the mother of his children. God help me to be the mom who can live out the love of Christ to my babies.

It's always easier to imitate something you've seen many times....right? I've been privileged to see the love of Christ lived out in my Mom for the past 35 years. I have never been disappointed in her and can only hope I am half the mom she is to me. Happy Mother's Day, CJH. I love you more than you will ever know.....thank you for your sincere love for Christ, my Dad and me. You taught me how to be a lady...you also taught me how to cook...and for that, CDP thanks you!

I love you Mom!

Night Night!

4 comments:

K Storm said...

That is beautiful. How blessed you were yesterday (and everyday I might add)!!


You didn't say what song though!

Deanna said...

What a beautiful post and what an amazing example for your church family! How lucky they are to have you both! (But boy do we all miss you!)

KSH said...

Oh my Sounds unforgettable. I would love to hear a soundbite of CDP/BP singing. Take care. Happy Mother's Day everyday to you.

Anonymous said...

The Mother's Day service you described was so moving. Everything about the day was powerful. It was so exciting to see our church so full that my family and I had to sit on the very back row. I heard many 'Amens' and sighs as Cliff sang and gave the message. My own husband reached over and hugged me several times during the service.

It means so much to have you guys as the leaders of our church. With so many young married couples already in our church and more joining everyday, to have such love for each other and Christ displayed so publicly really ministers to my family's heart. Keep up the good work. I look forward to great things to come.

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010