Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Broken Heart...

I weep as I write tonight....my heart is broken.....I just don't understand. Scripture tells me when I don't understand, God does and I must trust in Him. I'm helpless. And as a human being, that makes me vulnerable and to be honest, angry. Dear God help me to realize You are never surprised and all your ways are perfect. I have no words that could ever comfort the Chapman family at this time in their lives. Struggles in my life and even tragedies that I've experienced seem to pale in comparison to the grief they feel today. As I sit and ponder the days ahead for this family, I recall the words to so many songs that Steven has written that are so appropriate for a time such as this. God truly has blessed him with the ability to communicate God's love and grace. He has ministered to me in so many difficult times in my life. This family needs our prayers and support more than ever before. It's time for me to be diligent in prayer and beseech the Father on their behalf. Lord, help me to pray....constantly....for this family.

To the Chapman Family: Our family loves you! We've never met you yet we feel as if we know you. You have been so open and honest in your ministry. Our daughter Shaohannah would not be ours had it not been for you. Yes, we named her after your daughter...we prayed you wouldn't mind. Only the safe and loving arms of Jesus can minister to you during the days ahead. We will "carry you to Him on our knees". Your precious Maria has now met my sister, Kelley. She was called home to be with Jesus at 18. I know they are having sweet communion with each other in the presence of Jesus.

Oh, how I long for heaven...........

2 comments:

KSH said...

My heart won't stop hurting. I will pray for them too tonight as go to Our Awesome Lord in prayer. I just read a great passage from Max Lucado. He said even through the trials and tribulations try not to be discouraged. Because in times such as these; OH HOW WE CAN EXPERIENCE HIM! Tears are shedding for you and the Chapmans. Love in Christ-KSH

Deanna said...

It is still unbelievable. They have been constantly on my mind since I heard the news. I guess that is God's way of reminding me to pray a hedge of strength around them. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but then again no parent can... that is why they are called nightmares.

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010