Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Done.......

Well..........I'm done. Today was my last day as a Working Mom. I've cried pretty much all day. I asked CDP if that was normal. He assured me it was. I have such great friends at my former place of employment. I told them all today that I love them and count them as friends and in retrospect, they are more like family. They have all been easy to love and I just thank God each day that I had the chance to work with such a great group of people and for such a great organization. Turning over the keys to the office was the final task and it seemed the hardest. I have left my office in capable hands though. I'm not worried one bit...she will do great!

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life....Is that corny or what? I feel like I've been released. I've thought a lot about how I would feel and I don't think you can describe it or even be prepared for it. I think the girls know something is different. They can sense a difference in me I guess. I've worked all of my life. My Dad raised me to be a hard worker and to do what was right. He taught me to do my very best and to be efficient. I can remember helping him in the chicken house when I was younger. He worked so hard....actually my Mom says she and I and my sister ran that chicken farm.....I'll let them duke that one out...Anyway, he would need a tool for something he was repairing and he would tell me to "RUN and get me the hammer". Now, if my Dad asked you to RUN and get him a hammer, he meant RUN and get him a hammer. I learned very quickly that time was of the essence. I think that's why I got so frustrated with dial up internet....way too slow.....I'm thankful for DSL! He taught me and my sister to be honest and to always do what we say. I'm sure I've let him down in some or those areas but it wasn't because he didn't teach me. I'm thankful for my Dad and my Mom. They helped me become who I am today. Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you!

CDP should get an award for Best Husband to a Working Mom. You know like those Dog shows where they have the Best in Show of the Working Class..... ha ha ha....CDP has made my working easy. He is the most supportive and loving man. I have been blessed to be his wife for the past 11 years and the mother of his 2 girls for the past 3. I cannot imagine life without him. My Lord knew I would need a wonderful man and he sent me the very best. He is a perfect Dad to our 2 girls. It's now time for me to be his support. I'm so very excited at the journey I'm about to begin and with God's help, I'm sure these will be the greatest days of our life together. So, stay tuned for the REST OF THE STORY.....I'll post again tomorrow with an update of my first day at my....... NEW JOB!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010