Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Hunt is on...

Well, we've managed to lay down rubber on every street and highway in DeSoto County. House hunting is exhausting! The last time we did this, there were only 2 of us. Now, with 2 kids and all their STUFF...it's hard to find just the right place. It's impossible to find the PERFECT house! I've decided I must decide what is MOST important in a home and not worry about all the other "what if's" that will plague me after the decision is made. It's sort of like hunting for the perfect Christmas tree...you look and look and look and usually end up back where you looked first! We do think we've found the neighborhood we want to live in, we just now need to find the right floor plan for our family.

Sunday marked our last official Sunday at RCBC. What an emotional day! I cried for pretty much all of it. We received many hugs, kisses and good wishes, but I believe my most prized possession is a photo album recording the many precious memories we've made over the last 5 years. CDP and I became a family here....this is a very special fellowship. God showed us many things while serving Him here. We are so blessed to have so many close friends. God has truly blessed the fellowship at RCBC. We will never forget their love and support. Thank you KS...I'm glad I trusted you!

As I took SJP in to school this morning...her last week with her friends....I heard a song on the radio that pretty much summed up how I'm feeling these days....



There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, and being cradled by the moon
Catching fireflies at night Building castles in the sand
Kissing Mama's face goodnight Holding Daddy's hand
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more
Running barefoot through the grass A little hide and go seek
Being so in love, that you can hardly eat
Dancing in the dark, when there's no one else around
Being bundled 'neath the covers, watching snow Fall to the ground
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more
So many things I thought would bring me happiness
Some dreams that are realities today
Such an irony the things that mean the most to me
Are the memories that I've made along the way
So if there's anything I've learned
From this journey I am on Simple truths will keep you going
Simple love will keep you strong
Cause there are questions without answers Flames that never die
Heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise
So thank you Lord, oh thank you Lord How could I ask for more

Thank you, Lord! How could I ask for more?

No comments:

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010