Thursday, July 8, 2010

Psalm 91

Our friends who are battling cancer in their 13 yr old son posted an update today that included Psalm 91. She referred to verses 1-4a where is described safety under His wings. How comforting for her in this situation. It's really hard to understand how to handle devastating news such as they have received these past few weeks and ask "Why Me, Lord?" but in the wisdom and understanding of God, it is very appropriate and even wise for us to say "Why NOT me?". We are His children. So, why would a loving God demand so much of His children? I believe I find the answer in this same chapter as God himself begins to speak to his child....
"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation."

Did you get that? God gets all the glory! He gets the credit. When we realize just how undeserving we are of His love and Mercy, we begin to understand just how glorious and awesome He is! "with long life I will satisfy him, AND SHOW HIM MY SALVATION!"

Praise Him today!

1 comment:

destiny said...

love Psalm 91! Praying for that family....

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010