Saturday, July 17, 2010

North, South, East, West.....

So, I've been out of pocket for a few days due to some traveling in the deep south. After a few days with my folks, I headed out for GA on Thursday to visit my sweet friend and her new baby girl. I've not spent this much time away from my girls and hubs in a very long time and I must admit, it's getting time to head back. But, before I do, I would just like to share a few things. After a short tenure at the church where our families met, God moved us West. A few short years later, my friend and her husband also moved...West. We were thrilled to be together again. Then, after the birthing of 3 children between us, our friends moved East and we moved North. Now, what do all the directions in this post really mean, well, they mean absolutely nothing when you consider friendship. Friendship is infinite....meaning it never ends despite distance. Our paths do not cross frequently. Our cell phones are not a buzz with chatter each and every day. However, it seems like our conversations just pick up where we left off at our last chat. That is friendship. No matter how far apart we are, we are friends.
I love her and her family. I have loved being with her and sharing in the joy she is experiencing right now. We share so many of the same convictions, ideas, hopes and dreams. I truly appreciate her kindness and humble spirit and have learned from her, among many other things, to be soft spoken and to appreciate the small things in life. So, here's to my friend....whom I will treasure until Jesus calls me home. And then, I'll just wait for her in the .....EAST!

No comments:

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010