Friday, July 2, 2010

33 Yrs ago today....

my sister Kelley was born. She was a miracle in more than way as the doctor realized on that day something was wrong and my Mom was taken for an emergency C-Section. She proved to be a special young lady her entire short life. I thank God for her influence in my life even today. I often recall her smiling face as she would share her faith rather unashamedly to those she was around. She proved her faith daily until God called her home 15 yrs ago in September. One particular event took place in a grocery store in our hometown. In the line in front of us, an older individual fell and was in obvious distress. Most were preoccupied with taking care of calling police and ambulances but I turned to see Kelley on her knees behind the grocery cart praying, interceeding on behalf of that hurting individual. That, my friends, is true faith! I miss her terribly but know that she is rejoicing in heaven today with Jesus and cheering me on as I run this race. I pray I first run to make HIM proud and then to make her proud. God is good even in difficult times and as Philippians 1:21 says, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Amen and Amen!

1 comment:

destiny said...

Tracy, What a beautiful memory of your sister! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010