Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Recognition

What is it in the Christ Follower that allows him to see and know that the Father is at work? I see the work of Christ on the Cross more easily than the work of the Spirit in me. Before today, that would have caused me concern. However, I've discovered something....in the Old Testament, God dwelt in the Holy of Holies behind a veil. In nature, God is hidden. We see His Glory revealed mysteriously in the beauty of nature. Even today, after a meaningful worship service, we comment, "surely the Lord was here today". We sense Him but yet we never see Him only mysteriously feel the working of His presence. Lastly and ultimately, Jesus came in the most humble of ways. As a vulnerable baby in a world set to destroy Him. He came and was considered "plain", "simple" without form or comeliness" the scripture says. He even offended his closest friends at times. We expect God to come in lightning and grandeur. We need to see something. We need to know God dwells within us. In the words of Andrew Murray, "God makes himself known in hearts surrendered and prepared for Him." We know God's presence by faith. F-A-I-T-H. Even when I don't see Him, I still know He lives within me. I love this definition of Faith by Andrew Murray, "Faith is the faculty of our spiritual nature by which we can recognize the divine, in whatever unlikely appearance it clothes itself." WOW! I never fully understood but I am beginning to. His presence is mysterious. Colossians 1:27 "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Christ in me......."Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" 1 Corinthians 3:16. Jesus came as a living carbon copy of the Father. Jesus left us and then sent the carbon copy of Himself in His Spirit to DWELL within us. Things we don't see become more important that things we DO see. God dwells deep within the recesses of my spirit. "By faith we must continually yield our whole being to His rule and mastery and be faithful to what appears the nearest to His voice until we come to know His voice better." The more I listen, the more I will hear. I'm learning to listen and exercise faith in Him.

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Thanks for sharing what He's been revealing to you. I'm trying to get to a point I can listen better again.

Two Shades of Pink said...

Beautiful. I look forward to reading your blog. How wonderful that our stories are so similar! Your girls are beautiful!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010