Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ordinary

Saturday's in our house are always unpredictable. Sleeping late is usually on the agenda and breakfast, well, that depends on how late we sleep. So today, the menu was pancakes and sausage... even though I prefer bacon, CDP loves sausage. Normal breakfasts consist of yogurt or oatmeal, cereal or toast. This morning was special but not for any particular reason. After breakfast we all got dressed for a sweet little girl's birthday party and to be out for most of the day. The day was beautiful but cold and after the party, errands took us to Memphis and Southaven before returning home. Sounds pretty ordinary huh?. I guess my intent for this blog post is to share that the ordinary at times is most extraordinary. All I want to do is encourage anyone who reads this blog to enjoy being together with your family. If the day only brings breakfast and errands, embrace the ordinary and make it
extraordinary. You do realize the difference between ordinary and extraordinary....that little "extra". The extra could be nothing more than pancakes and sausage for breakfast! Enjoy Sunday, The Lord's Day....Worship Him!

3 comments:

KSH said...

I love ordinary....and it is def. extraordinary being at home with my MK and rdog enjoy your too! love you and Have a great Lord's Day.
In Christ Alone,
Kelly

K Storm said...

I say many times that I love our simple little life.

Stephanie said...

We also love those ordinary days. You just can't beat em!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010