Monday, January 18, 2010

Haiti and other thoughts....

I've become glued to the news these last few days. The country of Haiti is suffering. The orphans of Haiti are suffering. I've wept and prayed for these children who in many cases are simply waiting for the "governments" to allow them to be united with their forever families. The paperwork is complete. The parents are waiting. The children are waiting.....waiting....waiting. And what are they waiting on? GOVERNMENTS! There, I've said it. I'm mad. I'm angry that GOVERNMENTS have caused these innocent babies to be put in harms way simply because of RED TAPE. I'm about to say something that I will probably regret but if Brown defeats Coakley in the Massachusetts Senate race tomorrow, I'm throwing a party at my house and you're all invited! WHEW! Now, on to some good news. It seems that the State Department, under pressure from News Organizations, is looking into the problems and from what I can understand, these children are about to be delivered to their families. I'm thankful to God for that. Please continue to pray for the orphans in Haiti as well as orphans across the globe. It is our responsibility as Christ Followers to care for these children and to PRAY!

No comments:

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010