Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whew!

It's been a long time since I last communicated with you all but we've been very busy these last few weeks. I'm still trying to comprehend all the events and spiritual aspects of the last few days. God has proven himself faithful again and again. As I sit here typing, I hear the sweet sound of SJ sitting on the stairs singing "Jesus Loves Me". Oh, how like Him to reveal himself in such an innocent yet profound way. I've seen God move in the past 2 weeks in ways that by the world's standards, would not have seemed miraculous. However, in the life of our family He performed miracle after miracle.

I'll never be able to completely tell you how God worked in the village of Mata de Cana last week. I'll tell you that He healed the sick physically thru the doctors, nurses, dentists and servants of God who ministered there. He also healed the spiritually oppressed thru the message of the gospel and by the power of the spoken Word of God....97 salvation decisions! God also captured the heart of one of his children. I will never be the same. It only takes a few seconds to realize once you land in the country that "we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto". I have grown to love the people of Nicaragua and especially the children. He has shown me that He cares for the poorest of the poor. He revealed to me the simpleness of life and that He can be found in the most meager of surroundings. He broke my heart for 6 little girls who will be making their way to a small home outside the capital city of Managua where they will be safe and where God can heal them from the most tragic of circumstances.

I was blessed to be part of a mission team that was, well, On Mission! In a confined space with more than 30 women, only 1 bathroom, and 2 showers...if you could call it a shower... one would think 7 days was WAY TOO long. I witnessed the power of the Holy Spirit mesh lives together and create long lasting relationships with complete strangers. No one but God!

I washed my hands in clorox about 15 times a day. I ate outside with the dogs. I climbed a BIG hill to see a gorgeous sunset. I saw a little boy smile as he watched his frightened sister get her tooth pulled...not knowing if he would be next. I saw a man who was oppressed with an evil spirit be transformed and ultimately "sat clothed and in his right mind". I sang "Baby Shark" with children who did not speak English and they LOVED it! I found out that God's people, no matter where they are, all love to sing!

Here are a few things God revealed to me this week: I learned that Spiritual Preparation is key to effective ministry. My prayer life was shallow...it's getting deeper! I don't need anything! I learned that your countenance can communicate God's love...SMILE....everyone needs one and it's a universal language! I learned to depend on my husband....enough info for you...he'll hear the rest about this. I learned that God still heals and changes men. Satan has no power that God doesn't give him. Jesus Loves Me! I learned that we are to adopt again.....we'll begin the paperwork soon!

We left the comforts of home to give a cup of cold water to those in need. I in turn received a deluge of blessings that have confirmed my hope in Christ and spurred me on to a deeper relationship with my Saviour. Thank you for reading. I encourage you to go. God commands us to go. When we obey, it's the greatest act of praise!\\

1 comment:

K Storm said...

It was great...I have not finished what I wanted to say about this trip because it completely overwhelms me. Seems I can't do it justice with my words. You did a great job here.

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010