Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July coming to an end....

I can't believe July is almost gone. This summer is FLYING! We've been busy traveling this month and it looks like we won't be stopping anytime soon. The girls and I spent the last 2 weeks in Smith County loving on my parents! We had such a great time getting to sleep late and play outside on the swing and in the pool with Nai Nai and Yei Yei. I've never been able to visit like that before. It was so special. There were no agendas, no itineraries, no programs, just fun and relaxation. The girls were spoiled rotten too. SC really became fast buddies with Yei Yei and Nai Nai and will reach for them...that was special. My mom was concerned that SC wouldn't know her....wrong....she knows them both...VERY well. I mean who could forget the man who feeds you ice cream and sweet tea, along with many other adult foods...and that lady who held me all the time...I just love her!

Anyway, SC and SJ had a blast! I so enjoyed catching up and even getting to see some old friends and family I had not seen in several years. You know, even after being at home for 2 weeks, it still felt as if I didn't have enough time to do all that I wanted to do or say all that I wanted to say...wonder why that is? Oh well, we'll just have to go back and visit again! Woo Hoo!

CDP made it back from Ft Worth and from what I heard Sunday, HE LEARNED A LOT! We missed him greatly and we are glad he won't be away from us for that long again. I am so proud of him! He has completed his last 2 week seminar and will begin working on his thesis and dissertation early next year. We are anticipating his graduation in May of 2010....Go Dr. Pace...Woo Hoo!

Now our family is in the throws of preparing for our Mission Trip to Nicaragua. I am very excited to be going with CDP this year. I had planned to go last year but God had other plans, namely, SCP! He was gracious to me this year and I'll be ministering along side my hubby in the coming days in a little village that needs to hear the gospel. We will also be providing medical, dental and prescription needs for the people there as well. Please pray for our team and our families as we travel and leave children and spouses behind. We know God has everything under control. We are trusting Him for all things.

It's time to sign off for tonight. I'll chat again in a few days. Until then...

No comments:

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010