Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow again and Challenge

Yes, we're looking at about half an inch of snow on the ground. We're not sure if school will be closed or not. We are hoping so! I'm afraid I didn't run out and grab milk and bread though. I hope I don't regret that!

Anyway, think about this for a moment. When you pick up a book to read, do you start at chapter 19, and then move to chapter 2? No. Why then do we read God's Word in such a manner? Books were designed to be read from beginning to end. God's Word is a book. Ordained to be communicated to us in written form. I challenge you this year to consider reading the Bible through chronologically. Remembering that it's not a book of stories but one story. The ultimate love story. A story of redemption that cost the life of our Father's one and only unique Son. A story that develops one character, our God!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Reading the Bible through chronologically in a year... This is my goal again... I began last year but did not finish. Hopefully this year I will read this everlasting love story...

KSH said...

thanks for posting this challenge and this is just what we decided to do vs. the other reading plan i had mentioned to you after mom said she was doing this one and talking to you that night....we started the chron order plan and its going good boy JOB was a challenge in itself. Love the pics and love you

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010