Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ramblings

So, I've found a great restaurant salsa recipe! Check out Pioneer Woman on her blog and search for Restaurant Salsa. It is FABULOUS! I'll try to NEVER buy the jar stuff again. The cilantro is the key. We've had a great week despite the sub-zero temperatures. The girls and I have enjoyed having some time with Daddy at home! The snowmen are still, well, somewhat standing. You see, we had 6. Yes, 6 snow people. One for each of our family and the 2 dogs. We had a great time playing in the snow.

I have another recommendation for those of you with toddlers. The Jesus Storybook Bible by Zonderkids. Each story ends with reference to Christ. Each story points to Jesus! Great read for bedtime. And, drum roll please, SJ made 100 on her first spelling test! This girl is awesome! I'm so proud of her! SC continues to amaze me! So sweet and loving and so funny! As SC and I were driving to pick up SJ last week, we were listening to a song by Kari Jobe called Save Me and SC belted out the words, "Save Me, Lord, Save Me"! My heart melted and immediately I asked God to do just that. To work in her heart even at the age of 3 to know that Jesus can and will when she calls on His powerful name. She understands grief and sadness. She also knows that Jesus can heal that too. Thank you Jesus for children and the reminder that we are to come to You with childlike faith.

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

oh Trace! Sweeeet, sweeet girls! I got to get through this whole college and young adulthood thing but one day when I have kiddos I so want you to be around for advice!:)

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010