Sunday, March 15, 2009

In a rut.....

It's been a lazy few days around our house. But, I'm not sure how much more I can take. After being so used to running to and fro while I was a "working" mother (even though at times my running around was my own lack of organization and motivation), I've now settled into a rut. You do know what a rut is, don't you? I remember when I was young going with my Dad to cut firewood and at times we would get stuck in a "rut". It's a place where water collects and makes getting traction difficult, especially when the truck bed is loaded down with firewood. MY rut is actually of my own making. I shared with a friend this week that I find myself one week being on the road constantly and then some weeks, never making an attempt to get out of my pj's. I recall another blogger out there hinting on this same subject a few weeks ago. It seems I get so caught up in my own little world and my own agenda that I don't take the time to "be friendly". The Bible says that in order to have friends, we must show ourselves friendly. That means we must step out. We must get up, get dressed, pick up the phone, send a text, do something in order to communicate with those around us. What's our motivation? As a believer, our desire to be salt and light to our world should be our focus. This allows us to impact our world for Christ. This also edifies the Body of Christ! I'm guilty but I'm working on it. So, don't be surprised if you get a phone call or a text or some form of communication in the coming days and weeks. God doesn't want us to be in a "rut". I'm getting a running start and getting out of my RUT! Later!

3 comments:

K Storm said...

Don't be so hard on yourself...becoming a SAHM is an adjustment and it is hard to get motivated sometimes. If SS didn't go to school every day I would certainly do the PJ thing more.

I am working on shaving more "duties" off so I seem more approachable to friends and less "busy".

Funny...my word verification is "dress" as in get up and get dressed!!!

Stephanie said...

Girl you are preaching to the choir! Count me in on this one! It doesn't help that I haven't felt too good the last couple of days. Hopefully I can feel better this week and GET OUT! By the way...I'm still in my pjs and it's almost 6:00. :)

KSH said...

well don't be too hard on yourself like K said...you have never been in one before as long as I have known you and that's been about 8 or 9 yrs so its ok but I am so excited to about getting my phone call last week and hopefully we can start chattin on line again or on FB like last night. Love ya girl and can't wait to spend some time with you hopefully before summer you and the girls are welcome to come and stay with us anytime and even CDP if he has time off. We would love it ~ so much to do over hereSpring weather will help me so much and you too I know it

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010