Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

2008
Can you believe it's here already? I remember thinking back 10 years ago that this year seemed SOO long away. Time really flies in this life. I was driving to work this morning along with my FAVORITE artist....Steven Curtis Chapman....his new album is awesome by the way....anyway, the title cut talks about living in the moment and not wanting to go back and change things in your life. One phrase made so much sense to me..."
It's time for letting go, of all of our "if only's" cause we don't have a time machine, and even if we did, would we really want to use it, would we really want to go change EVERYTHING.."

I'm sure there are some things I would like to change about my life up until now but there are some things that I would NEVER change. I remember a few years ago when CDP told me "God wants us to be THANKFUL for our inability to conceive"...I told him he was crazy and that God wouldn't say that. As usual, he was right. God did and does want us to be thankful, even for the hard times. He proves his faithfulness through everyday struggles as well as those HUGE hurdles we feel we can't overcome.

So, I want to trust Him more this year...that's my goal. Bro. Phil spoke of Joshua (Joshua 3) and his trek across the river into the Promised Land and reminded me that God did not roll back the water until the SOLE OF THE PRIEST'S FOOT was placed in the river! Have you ever really stopped to think about what was going through that guy's head....(I'm going to drown!) We are called to do the same...can I say Proverbs 3:5..Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding...". I'm in the process of learning just that...Thanks for reading. I pray your 2008 is filled with tons of opportunities to trust Him!

TRP

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Well, aren't you becoming the profound blogger? This is a good time to look back at the Miracle of the Moment(s), isn't it? Sometimes it is hard to see them when times are hard, but we see God's wisdom and guidance when we really take time to observe and realize what better things He had planned for us.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Isn't God so good?!! I love your blog!!

Disney World 2010

Spring 2010